Thomas Named National Arts Associate
On October 8, 2018, David Evan Thomas was named a National Arts Associate of Sigma Alpha Iota Fraternity (SAI), and initiated into the Minneapolis/St. Paul Alumnae Chapter as a Distinguished Member. According to SAI, “a National Arts Associate is a man or woman who is nationally recognized for distinguished contribution to the arts.” DET is shown here with Diane Lundeen, Chapter President, and Liz Nordling, Chapter Vice President. The red rose is the symbol of SAI. “The Mission of Sigma Alpha Iota International Music Fraternity is to encourage, nurture and support the art of music,” reads the fraternity’s web page. “SAI supports and encourages women musicians of all ages, races, and nationalities, supports and promotes successful and innovative educational programs in music for all stages of life, cultivates excellence in musical performance, and promotes programs and activities that stress the love and importance of music in our lives.”
The Purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota is:
- TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
- TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
- TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
- TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
- TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
- TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member’s Alma Mater.
- TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
More about SAI here.